Mittwoch, 25. Dezember 2013

2013/12/25: The End

“Toronto is a marvelous cocktail between New York and London, at a human size” (Umberto Ecco)

“Toronto is a kind of New York operated by the Swiss” (Peter Ustinov)

“The town itself is full of life and motion, bustle, business and improvement. The streets are well paved and lighted with gas; the houses are large and good; the shops excellent” (Charles Dickens)

“It couldn’t be any worse. You can’t imagine it. I’m not going to describe it.” (Ernest Hemingway)

“There is no question that Toronto is exceptional in North America and the developed world for the scale of its ethnic diversity” (Edward Relph)


Toronto is a great, interesting, although not always beautiful city that is suffering from a terrible mayor and a bad public infrastructure – as you can see at the moment, with hundred thousands of people without electricity and public transit.
There are so many topics I could have written more about in this blog – Canadian multiculturalism; environmental justice; Scarborough subway; low taxes and bad infrastructure; condominium boom. But now it’s too late. This is the 93rd and last post. I’m back in Germany, enjoying warm, rainy, relaxing Christmas days on my parents’ couch. I had a great time in North America. I saw a lot, I learnt a lot, I met great people, I had a lot of free time and fun. But no black bread. Now it's over.
The blue and pink lines show that I’ve been to almost all corners of Toronto in the last four months:



As I am a geographer, I have to finish the blog with another map. At the end of every month, I showed a map with the tours I did. Now it’s the end of the last month, here is my December map:



That’s it. Thank you for reading my blog. Let’s stay in contact!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen