Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2013

2013/11/30: The last days of the TTC Pass

Public transit in Toronto is terrible. And expensive. That’s why I don’t buy a monthly pass for December. So I had to utilize the last days of the November pass to see as much of Toronto as possible. It’s been a lot:

I explored the Exhibition place area, where we watched the hockey game some weeks ago.



I’ve been to Liberty Village, a former industrial area that has been turned into a “bohemian enclave” in the last years. The “Opinion on current residential design” part of the Wikipedia entry is quite interesting.



North of Liberty Village is Ossington, another part of the inner city that is being gentrified at the moment.



I also did a Go Train ride to Milton. What you see on the way can be called “in-between city”, “exurbs”, “FlexSpace” or “outer suburbs”. However you call it, it is definitely not beautiful.



One of the highlights of the train ride is the crossing over Humber River.



And of course you see all the Condominium developments in Toronto’s downtown.



Another place I finally entered for the first time is the St. Lawrence Market hall, reportedly one of the most beautiful ones in the world.



In front of the St. Lawrence Market (unfortunately already at 5 PM…) I’ve seen the best sunset since I’m here:



In the Distillery District you can find the official (and probably only…) Toronto Christmas Market.



The last highlight of November, on Saturday evening, was the “Cavalcade of Lights”, an annual event with free concerts, the illumination of Toronto’s official Christmas tree (following a speech of Toronto’s great mayor…) and a brilliant fireworks show. I also made a short movie of the fireworks show.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen