Mittwoch, 18. Dezember 2013

2013/12/18: What I miss now and what I will miss soon

It’s the last evening in my Assiniboine Road apartment. Of course I didn’t start to pack yet, but I started to clean and muck out. What will I miss most when I leave Toronto?

The friendly and polite Canadians.

The people I met here.

Tim Hortons.

The above-average amount of free time I had here.

Rob Ford.
Just Kidding.

Poutine. Of course. I hope it takes not too long until this great invention Québecois will find its way to Europe.




What am I looking forward to, considering that I’ll be back home in Germany in five days?

Bread and beer.

Chees and Spätzle.

Friends and family.

Walkable settlements with a grocery store nearby.

Public Transit.

Nature near the city border.

Mountains and vineyards.

Sportschau and Champions League.

Old towns with cobblestone streets and Christmas markets.

Bakeries.

Cheap, but still good and healthy food on campus.

Drinkable tapped water.

Cooking without fire alarm, i.e. kitchen hood and the possibility to open a window.

Plates and cups.

Three layer toilet paper.

Pizza Chef.

Wow, that’s a lot I’m missing here. Obviously, I could never emigrate to Canada. Not with environmental consciousness and an addiction to black bread and cheap cheese. But I love Canada. And I even more love the Canadians. I’ll miss them.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen