Montag, 5. August 2013

2013/08/05: Winnipeg

What do Neil Young, the Guess Who and Bachman–Turner Overdrive (and Eli Matas) (and Winnie Pooh) have in common? They're comming from Winnipeg.
I spent here another day, mostly walking (about 12 km) through lovely neighbourhoods to the Assiniboine Park (where I had to take to minimum gauge railway) and visiting the Manitoba Museum (partly a bit out of fashion, but you learn and see a lot, e.g. the full-size replica ship Nonsuch, whose voyage in 1668 led to the founding of the Hudson's Bay Company).
I still don't like the empty, run-down downtown, but other parts of the city (first of all the Exchange District, where I found an interesting Canadian fastfood chain, smokes poutinerie, are absolutely worth a visit.
This is my last morning in Winnipeg, in three hours I'm going to board the Canadian, which will bring me through the Prairies to Edmonton and Jasper. Here are some pictures of Winnipeg:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen